Course #: 7875
Spaces Left: 23 / 50
For More Information:
Administrators, K-12 Teachers
Reminder: We will begin at 8:30 a.m. for each session
The CELDT is going away and the first iteration of the Summative ELPAC (English Language Proficiency Assessments for California) will be ready to use when the testing window opens from February 1, 2018 through May 31, 2018.
The ELPAC Summative Assessment Administration and Scoring Training will provide an overview of the test administration with a focus on the administration and scoring of the Speaking domain.
Please RSVP to Agustín Amaro at email@example.com with the number of people (teacher, resource teachers and administrators) that will be attending from your district. For the first day–January 16–we will cover grades 6-12 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and on January 17 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. we will cover grades K-5. Depending on the grades you cover, you may need to attend both days. There will be some overlap in topics and material covered during each of the days.
What follows are some basic administration facts about the ELPAC:
Two separate assessments each year: IA and SA (this training will only cover the Summative ELPAC)
• IA shorter than the SA
• Seven grades/grade spans: kindergarten (K), 1, 2, 3–5, 6–8, 9–10 and 11–12
• One-on-one administration for students in K and grade 1
• Four domains: Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
• Group administration for Listening, Reading and Writing at grades two through twelve (2–12)
• Read-aloud by test examiner in the Listening domain at K and grades 1 and 2; recorded audio in the Listening domain at grades 3–12
• One-on-one administration of speaking items to all students; real-time scoring of speaking items by a trained test examiner
• All constructed-response items in the Writing domain (no multiple-choice items)
Register for this event
Registration is closed for this event.