Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
Wednesday, Jun 1, 2022
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Terrin Musbach, Nicholas LaFazio, & Julia Leonard
Identify. Understand. Respond.
Youth Mental Health First Aid is a skills-based training course that teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. The training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial help and support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem or experiencing a crisis.
What Mental Health First Aid Covers:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges in this age group, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and attention deficit disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis
- How to connect the youth with help
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.