California Teachers of English Learners (CTEL) Preparation Course
California Teachers Course of English Learners (CTEL) Preparation
HCOE is sponsoring a course geared towards supporting educators prepare for the CTEL exam.
Overview of Course
- Language and Language Development (CTEL 1):
- Phonology Morphology
- Syntax and Semantics
- Language Functions and Variation
- Assessment and Instruction (CTEL 2):
- Theories, Processes and Stages of Language Acquisition
- Theories, Models and Processes of Second-Language Acquisition
- Cognitive, Linguistic and Physical Factors Affecting Language Development
- Affective Factors Affecting Language Development
- Sociocultural and Political Factors Affecting Language Development
- Culture and Inclusion (CTEL 3):
- Cultural Concepts and Perspectives
- Cultural Contact
- Cultural Diversity in California and the United States
- Cross-cultural Interaction
Dates: June 14-18 9:00-10:30, July 23 10:30-12:00
Note: This is a hybrid course that utilizes both Asynchronous & Synchronous methods for a total of 15 hours.
Disclaimer: This course is intended to help give tips and strategies for taking the CTEL successfully; however, it does not guarantee that you will pass the exam upon completion of this course.