California Teachers of English Learners (CTEL) Preparation Course
HCOE is sponsoring a course geared towards supporting educators as they prepare for the CTEL exam(s).
Jan. 27 • Feb. 10 • Feb. 24 • March 3 • March 10 • March 17 • March 24
All sessions are 3:45-5:15pm
Note: This is a hybrid course that uses both Asynchronous & Synchronous methods for a minimum of 15 hours.
Participants must attend all dates. All dates will use the same Zoom link, which you will receive upon registration.
Language & Language Development (CTEL 1)
- Language Structure & Use
- Additive-Language Development
Assessment & Instruction (CTEL 2)
- Assessment of English Learners
- Foundations of English Language/Literacy Development and Content Instruction
- Approaches & Methods for ELD and Content Instruction
Culture & Inclusion (CTEL 3)
- Culture, Cultural Diversity, Relationship to Achievement
- Culturally Inclusion Instruction
Disclaimer: This course is intended to help give tips and strategies for taking the CTEL successfully; however, it does not guarantee that you will pass the exam upon completion of this course.
This course is eligible for 1 unit of course credit through Humboldt State University Extended Education. Details will be posted when they are available.
Register for this event
Registration is closed for this event.