California Teachers of English Learners (CTEL) Preparation Course
HCOE is sponsoring a course geared towards supporting educators as they prepare for the CTEL exam(s).
Jan. 18, 20, 25, 27 & Feb. 1, 8, 15, 16 • 3:45-5:15pm
Note: This is a hybrid course that uses both Asynchronous & Synchronous methods for a minimum of 15 hours.
This is an 8-part series; Participants must attend all dates. All dates will use the same Zoom link, which you will receive upon registration.
Language & Language Development (CTEL 1)
- Language Structure & Use
- Additive-Language Development
Assessment & Instruction (CTEL 2)
- Assessment of English Learners
- Foundations of English Language/Literacy Development and Content Instruction
- Approaches & Methods for ELD and Content Instruction
Culture & Inclusion (CTEL 3)
- Culture, Cultural Diversity, Relationship to Achievement
- Culturally Inclusion Instruction
Disclaimer: This course is intended to help give tips and strategies for taking the CTEL successfully; however, it does not guarantee that you will pass the exam upon completion of this course.
This course is eligible for 1 unit of course credit through Humboldt State University Extended Education. Details will be posted when they are available.