Resources for PreK-12 Education Agencies
With quarantines and school closures as a response to COVID-19, it is important for every agency to have a Continuity of Learning Plan in place, whether it leverages the use of technology to provide independent study or distance learning, or simply involves sending copies of paper assignments home to students. NOTE: A Distance Learning Strategy should be approached with caution. If it is applied to an environment where stakeholders are not already pre-conditioned for it, it can cause more harm than good in the short term. Agencies should take into account the below pre-conditions when considering whether to provide instruction through independent study or distance learning. Pre-conditions that should be in place as a baseline for distance learning success:
- One-to-One take home programs already in place and successful
- An online Learning Management System (LMS) in place, with students already enrolled and set up.
- Teachers trained to use the LMS, and can manage a cohort of students in the system independently.
- Teachers are trained or certified for blended learning environment.
- Equity issues are considered: Access to internet and mobile devices for all students is a concern. Students without home internet access cannot go to public spaces (where COVID-19 exposure risk might be increased) just to complete their assignments.
In addition to the curated resources below, our local districts have shared some of their resources. This resource bank allows district educators to add to the shared files and to copy them into their own Google Drives. There are directions within the main folder.
Click on the folder icon to access the resource folder in google.
Administrator and teacher resources to support continuity of learning during COVID-19.
- Digital Citizenship
- Ed Tech Tools
- ELA / Literacy
- English Learner
- Environmental Literacy
- Game-based Learning
- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12
- Grades PreK-12
- Grades TK-2
- History/Social Studies
- Local Resource
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Online Teaching and Learning
- Parent Resources
- Special Education and Accessibility